Transfer CertificateIt is a Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) requirement that all students entering into Year 1 and above must submit a Transfer Certificate (TC) before they start school.
Transfer Certificate Guidelines
In order for us to comply with UAE Educational Authorities regulations, and for us to register your child with the Educational Authority, it is imperative that we receive a Transfer Certificate from your child’s previous school when joining at the start of the Academic year. Students joining FS1, FS2 or Year 1 at the beginning of the academic year do not require a Transfer Certificate but it is mandatory for students joining Year 2 to Year 6. The Transfer Certificate is needed on the student’s first day.
- This Transfer Certificate must be on official school letterhead.
- The form needs to be completed on pupil’s last day of attendance.
- This form must be signed by the Principal and show an official school stamp.
- The original certificate must be presented on the first day of school.
What is a Transfer Certificate?
- A TC provides details of your child’s educational history.
- A TC must be in either English or Arabic and be stamped with your current school’s stamp.
- Depending on the country that you are transferring from, the TC will need to be further attested before it can be submitted.
- All TCs must clearly state which year a student was promoted to at the end of the previous school year. Please pay particular attention to any variances across the school systems and, if in doubt, add the equivalent grade in Oaktree Primary School to the information.
Sample Transfer Certificate
Your current school will need to type the following information on their letterhead. The Transfer Certificate will need the Principal’s signature and official school stamp. It should be dated to show the final date that your child will attend the current school.
- Full Name of Child:
- Date of Birth:
- Date of Enrolment at your child’s previous school:
- Class to which he/she was admitted:
- (i) Present Class:
(ii) Year Group Completed:
(iii) Year Group promoted to:
- Date the child left the school:
- Previous School Curriculum:
- School Stamp and Signature:
- NB: Children coming from countries other than USA, Australia, Canada, Western Europe, New Zealand and Japan should have the original Transfer Certificate (TC) attested by: Education Authority of the origin (from country of TC origin) Ministry of Foreign Affairs (from country of TC origin) UAE Embassy (from country of TC origin).
- Children coming from GCC (Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar & Oman) must have their original certificates attested by the Education Authority of the origin (from country of TC origin).
- Children transferring within UAE must have their original certificates attested by the Education Authority of the origin.
Transfer Certificate Requirements
|TRANSFER CERTIFICATE REQUIRED DETAILS||Shown above as a sample Transfer Certificate|
|INTERNAL TRANSFER (DUBAI)||No Certificate Required|
|SAUDI ARABIA, KUWAIT, BAHRAIN, QATAR, OMAN AND OTHER EMIRATE||Attested only by the Education Authority of the origin|
|USA, AUSTRALIA, CANADA, WESTERN EUROPE, NEW ZEALAND AND JAPAN||Not required to be attested but must be in English|
|ALL OTHER COUNTRIES||Attested by Education Authority, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, UAE Embassy (from country of TC Origin)|